Support our sponsor: Donato's 5501 Old Troy Pike Huber Heights 937-236-0009
RULES for the 2015 Warrior Halloween Fall Classic Tournament to be held October 24-25, 2015
1414 S Patterson Blvd
Dayton OH 45409
Phone 937-233-7958 Carol Maas
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Carol Maas
PO Box 24232
Dayton OH 45424
Carol > 937-233-7958 home
IMPORTANT ISSUE: CONCUSSION LAW
In order to protect young athletes, the State of Ohio has passed a concussion law, commonly called the “Return to Play” law. Therefore, all Ohio Tournaments are responsible to monitor and track compliance with the concussion training requirements of the Return to Play law. Each coach (head coach and assistants) must receive approved concussion training prior to September 8, 2015. See O.R.C. 3707.511(C)(1). Tournaments are required to collect and maintain certificates of compliance from the coaches.
1. All coaches MUST complete the Concussion Training Course from either NFHS (preferred) or CDC and submit a COPY of the completed certificate to the tournament. Both online courses are FREE of charge! See the links for the Concussion Form after you CONFIRM acceptance (using your WFC #) on the forms list.
2. Coaches must also carry their certificate COPY of compliance with them during the event.
3. Coaches are also required per Ohio law, to have distributed a COPY of the Parent Concussion Information Sheet to the parents of their team players.
If these 3 items are not satisfied, those coaches will NOT be able to coach at this event.
If a player is believed, by either a coach, referee or tournament official, to exhibit the signs, symptoms or behaviors of concussion during the tournament, that player shall be prohibited from continuing to play that same calendar day and may not play until they have received clearance to “return to play” by a physician or other authorized medical personnel.
REGISTRATION and TEAM ELIGIBILITY:
Registration Check-In: Dayton Marriott, Friday October 23, 2015, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM.
Coaches must bring Travel permits (if outside OSYSA), signed liability release forms, approved roster, and player passes. Pre-Registration deadline is the Saturday before the event. Please mail to the address provided in the documentation provided.
COMPLEXES: All games are played within the 3 sites in Dayton (WSC - Warrior Soccer Complex); Huber Heights (CLD - Cloud Park); Tipp City (KYL - Kyle Park). Division final games may be played at any of the 3 sites listed above but primarily at CLD & WSC complexes.
PLAYER/COACH CARDS: Coaches should bring player/coach passes and medical release forms to every game.
TEAMS FROM THE UNITED STATES: For teams from the United States:
1. The Players must present picture identification cards issued by the teams Federation Organization Member (USYS, CLUB SOCCER, AYSO, other)
2. Teams must provide proof of approval of the teams participation from the teams Federation Organization Member.
3. Teams from outside the State Association, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, where the tournament is located must provide proof of permission to travel. Teams must be in good standing with their Federation Organization.
FOREIGN TEAMS For a team coming from a CONCACAF nation:
1. Players must present passports at registration or, if from a nation that the United States does not require a passport, proof of entry into the United States that is required by the United States.
2. Teams are required to have and present player picture identification cards.
3. Teams must have a completed form from its Provincial or National Association approving the teams participation in the tournament.
AGE RESTRICTIONS: Player Age and Eligibility (Boys and Girls teams in separate divisions)
u-15 born after 7-31-00; u-14 born after 7-31-01; u-13 born after 7-31-02; u-12 born after 7-31-03;
u-11 born after 7-31-04; u-10 born after 7-31-05; u-09 born after 7-31-06; u-08 born after 7-31-07
but YOUNGEST player MUST be born on or BEFORE 7-31-08 per OSYSA Rules
Age /Format / Prelim Time / Finals Time / Half Time / Number Players
u-08 / 6 v 6 / 50 min prelim / 50 min final / 5 min half / 12 player roster
u-09 / 6 v 6 / 50 min prelim / 50 min final / 5 min half / 12 player roster
u-10 / 6 v 6 / 50 min prelim / 50 min final / 5 min half / 12 player roster
u-10 / 8 v 8 / 50 min prelim / 60 min final / 5 min half / 14 player roster
u-11 / 8 v 8 / 50 min prelim / 60 min final / 5 min half / 14 player roster
u-12 / 8 v 8 / 50 min prelim / 60 min final / 5 min half / 14 player roster
u-12 /11v11/ 60 min prelim / 70 min final / 5 min half / 18 player roster
u-13 /11v11/ 60 min prelim / 70 min final / 5 min half / 18 player roster
u-14/15 /11v11/ 60 min prelim / 70 min final / 5 min half / 18 player roster
NOTE: The Tournament reserves the right to consolidate age groups if necessary. We will have at least 1 level of competition for each division. Gold, Red, White, Blue, etc. If we consolidate groups into an 11v11 age group we will allow teams in this age group to move to the other age group.
ROSTERS: The following maximum roster size limits include guest players. Team rosters will be limited to 18 players for teams playing the 11v11 format. Team rosters will be limited to 14 players for teams playing the 8v8 & 12 players for teams playing 6v6 format. The Roster submitted at Tournament Registration will be the official Roster for the Tournament and will be frozen and may not be altered. A player may only play for one team. *"Trapped players" will be permitted to play as long as the player is on the team's original roster. Trapped players will NOT be permitted to play as a guest player on a team
GUEST PLAYERS: Four (4) guest players for teams playing 6v6 or 8v8 format and five (5) guest players for teams playing 11v11 format, including u12 teams that are playing 11v11, will be allowed per team. Guest player Rosters (yours or ours) should be validated by your state association/country federation (if required by your association). Prior to the start of each game the referee shall check that each player has a current Federation player pass and coaches pass (if required by your association).
TEAMS: The first team listed in the tournament schedule on the website is the home team. A maximum of 3 coaches and a State issued Director of Coaches (DOC) pass will be honored, and are permitted on the coaches side of the field. All coaches will remain within 20 yards of the center-line on their half of the field, and both team's spectators will be on the opposite side of the field. Field marshals will communicate which side is the coaches side if questions arise. Spectators are not permitted behind the end line and specifically the goals.
CREDENTIALS: Player Credentials and Uniforms
1. Player picture identification cards are to be present and available at all matches.
2. Identification cards are required to be checked by the field marshal prior to each match
3. All shirt numbers of each player must be different.
LAWS of the GAME: All matches must be played in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game in effect on January 1st of the year that the tournament is held, except as specifically modified for youth play by USSF and US Youth Soccer with certain Amendments as follows:
- Substitution Time: Substitutes must be at the midfield line. Unlimited substitutions for all age groups will be allowed with the consent of the referee;
1. before a throw-in in your favor. The team in possession of the ball for a throw-in may substitute. If the team in possession of the ball for a throw-in substitutes players, the opposing team may substitute any number of players at the same time.
2. before a goal-kick.
3. after a score by either team.
4. at half time.
5. After an injury, by either team, when the referee stops play.
6. After a caution, one for one by both teams, if the cautioned player is substituted.
- Match Lengths: Preliminary Games will consist of two halves of equal length. See the chart above for game lengths for both preliminary and final games for all divisions. No overtime periods in preliminary games.
Final Games will consist of two halves of equal length.
Overtime periods are 2x5 minutes per period (players will exchange sides after first 5 minutes without going to the sidelines) to completion (no Golden Goal) for under 8 to 13,14/15, 15 to 17 for either short-sided games or 11v11. The Directors reserve the right to adjust game length for conditions beyond their control. See Weather/Reschedule section below.
- The game clock will not be stopped because of injury to any player, except if deemed necessary by the referee. Due to the time allowed for the completion of all games, the clock should run continuously.
- It is the intent of the adidas Warrior Fall Classic to provide a three person referee system for all tournament matches (except for u8 & u9 & u10 divisions playing 6v6), however, if deemed necessary, matches may be conducted with club linesmen at the discretion of the Directors.
- A coach may coach more than one team during the tournament.
SPECIAL RULES for WARRIOR CLASSIC and Warrior Fall Classic:
BLOOD: A player who is either bleeding or has blood on her/his uniform shall be required to be removed from the field and allowed to return only when in the opinion of the referee the bleeding has stopped and blood removed from the uniform.
PIERCINGS: Players must be removed from any piercing, from any location on their body, prior to any match.
U8-U9 SPECIAL RULES:
FIFA & USSF Law 11 – Offside: There is no off-sides in u-8 & u-9 & u-10 playing 6v6 except when a player is in a blatant off-side position at the desecration of the referee. The referee may call off-side.
R1. If the Referee determines that the offside infraction was Intentional and Obvious, he/she may signal for an indirect free kick for the defending team. The intent is to ignore incidental offside. However if a coach is encouraging a player to remain in the opposing penalty area, shield a goalie or gain advantage by abusing Law 11 then the Offside infraction could be called. The Referee’s decision is final.
R2. FIFA & USSF Law 12 – Fouls and Misconduct: Conform to FIFA with the exception that an indirect kick is awarded to the opposing team at the center spot on the halfway line if a goalkeeper punts or drop-kicks the ball in the air from his/her penalty area into the opponents penalty area.
SPECIFIC LAWS of the GAME
1. No overtime will be played during preliminary games.
2. Red cards will be administered as per FIFA laws of the game. The player or coach will serve a one game suspension unless otherwise determined by the Tournament Director.
3. A player or coach sent off for a second caution will not be allowed to play for the remainder of that game and their next game.
4. Un-served Red cards and game report will be forwarded to their appropriate State or National organizations.
The Tournament will supply the game balls for all games. Balls used must be FIFA Approved.
The game ball size for u08 through u12 is Size 4 and the game ball size for u13 and above is Size 5.
1. Shin guards are mandatory and must be of appropriate size and must be covered by a sock.
2. Shirt/jersey will be tucked into players shorts at all times.
3. In the event of a color conflict, the home team (first team listed on schedule) will change shirt color.
4. Hard and soft casts are permitted with the approval by the game referee if they deem that the cast is properly wrapped.
5. The Tournament staff will provide an adidas Game ball for all matches
TOURNAMENT FORMAT: For all age groups the Tournament format calls for three preliminary round games (round robin) with Final Matches in each division. All Divisions will play their Finals Sunday PM. Divisions with 5 teams will play 4 games, 2 games per day, and the top 2 teams will receive awards. Divisions with 5 team divisions will not play a Finals game.
MATCH SCHEDULES: The ONLINE Schedules are the OFFICIAL schedules of the Warrior Fall Classic. Each team will be scheduled for a minimum of 3 preliminary games. A maximum of 2 matches will be played on any one day. In cases where a team drops out of the competition some teams may play less than 3 games. See Forfeits for scoring this type of game.
REFEREES: Referees will be USSF certified. Referee decisions are final.
FORFEITS: Failure to complete a match, or a team leaving the field during play, will result in forfeiture. No team that has forfeited a game will be declared a group or wild card winner. The team winning by forfeit will be awarded the average number of goals they score in their other games, rounded down to the nearest integer, (with a minimum score of 1-0). The opponent's score will be zero. This score will be the official score in case goal differential is necessary. The Tournament officials reserve the right to decide all matters concerning a forfeit. In no case will a team which has forfeited a game be declared a group winner or wild card. If a team arrives more than 15 minutes late for a match the Tournament Committee, at their discretion, may declare the game to be a forfeit depending upon the situation. A team failing to field the proper number of players at the scheduled time, or at any time during the match, will forfeit the game. All 6v6 teams must field a minimum of five (5), 8v8 teams must field a minimum of six (6) players. All 11v11 teams must field a minimum of seven (7) players. If the minimum number of players is not maintained, that team will forfeit that game. The scores of forfeit games in this manner will be scored as described above in this paragraph.
PROCEDURES for Determining GROUP WINNERS: Immediately after the game both coaches and the game center referee will sign the game card certifying the final score which will then be delivered to the HQ tent at each site. Site scorer will be responsible for updating score board and website at: < www.warriorfallclassic.com > Posted scores will reflect a maximum goal difference of 4. Bracket standings, leading to championship play, will be determined on the following basis:
STANDINGS & TIE-BREAKERS: No overtime periods will be played for Preliminary games. Each team will be awarded three points for a win, one point for a tie, and no points for a loss. In the event of ties in the group standing, the following procedure will determine the group winner:
1. Team with the most wins (if tied go to step two)
2. Winner of the game played between the tied teams. (If three or more teams are tied for the group lead, Step 2 is by-passed, go to Step 3)
3. Highest number of total NET goals (goal differential). Maximum goal differential per game is four (4). (i.e. For a score of 4-0, goal differential is 4 for the winner and -4 for the loser. For a score of 6-1, goal differential is also 4 and -4 as above).
4. Fewer total goals allowed (gross).
5. Penalty kicks (FIFA laws of the game). If both teams advance, the Tournament Director will decide the opponents at the next level of play.
FINALS - Championship Games tied at the end of regulation will be decided by:
u8-u12 2 x 5 minute overtime periods without a break between the 2 OT periods, i.e., teams exchange ends at the 5 min mark.
u13-u14/15 2 x 5 minute overtime periods without a break between the 2 OT periods, i.e, teams exchange ends at the 5 min mark.
PENALTY KICK ELIMINATION: When Final matches are still tied after overtime (see overtime times in the Laws of the Game above) the FIFA laws of the game for Penalty Kicks apply. Only players on the field at the end of the second overtime period are eligible for penalty kicks. Coin flip will determine who will go first (visiting team calls). Five penalty kickers per team. The most goals scored after five kicks for each team wins the game. If the score remains tied, teams will alternate shooters until there is an unmatched goal between the teams. After all eligible players, including goalkeepers, on the field of play have taken kicks; teams will start with their first kickers again and in the same order.
- Games interrupted in the first half:
1. If the first half has not been completed and the game is stopped, every effort will be made to complete the game, or play to completion of at least the first half and record the score as final.
2. Games shall be considered completed if the first half has concluded. The score at the stoppage of play will be the final game score.
- Games interrupted after the completion of the first half:
Will continue if time permits or, if time or other issues, as determined by the tournament, does not permit the game to continue, the current score at the time when the game is terminated will be the final score.
Note: If necessary, game lengths may be shortened to accommodate scheduling requirements and/or weather conditions or pending darkness. It is the responsibility of the head coach to check Tournament Headquarters for any reschedule information.
For more information regarding schedule changes consult the website at www.warriorfallclassic.com
However, in the event that rescheduling is not possible, and game cancellation creates a situation where teams within the division are unable to play an equal number of qualifying games, the group winner will be determined on the basis of awarding the average tournament points earned in the other games, to the teams that were unable to complete an official game, followed by the tie breaking procedure if necessary. The team with the highest average points will be declared the winner of the group. In the event there is a tie which cannot be resolved by point averaging, the advancing team will be determined by a coin toss, or penalty kicks, per FIFA as directed by the Tournament Directors.
SCORES: Match and Score Reporting. Scores will be posted as quickly as possible. Coaches should report any discrepancies to Headquarters prior to their next game.
PROTESTS & DISPUTES: Protests must be presented in writing to the tournament site Headquarters (one will be located at each site) within 30 minutes of completion of the game and must be accompanied by a fee of $100 in cash. Referee judgment will NOT be a basis for protest. Coaches wishing to file a protest shall notify the referee of this intention as soon as possible but not later than 5 minutes after the conclusion of the game in question. The Protest Committee's decision is final.
STANDARDS of CONDUCT & DISCIPLINE: Disciplinary action taken against a coach will be levied in the next game in which he/she coaches the team playing at the time of the original infraction, or to the next game coached if the violation occurred during the last game for that team. If additional behavior problems occur, the Directors reserve the right to levy additional discipline up to and including expulsion from the Tournament.
1. All participants in the Warrior Fall Classic will be expected to maintain high standards of conduct during their stay in the Dayton area. These standards are expected of players, referees, and other guests in the hotels and motels; keeping noise in the hallways to a minimum, refraining from kicking soccer balls inside any of the buildings, and being respectful of the property of others. Should it come to the attention of the Tournament Directors that a person (or persons) has failed to observe these guidelines; the Director reserves the right to take remedial action. Said action, depending upon the circumstances, may range from a warning, a reduction in points in the standings, or banning that team and/or all teams in its club from future participation in the tournament.
2. There shall be no dissent between players and/or coaches and the referee. Questioning a referee is considered dissent. All coaches are responsible for the actions of his or her spectators, specifically verbal abuse of referees. Such abuse will not be tolerated! Violation may result in forfeiture of the game and/or expulsion from further play.
3. Any player or coach ejected from a game will be ineligible to participate in the next scheduled game (a minimum of one game suspension depending upon the severity of the offense). The player/coach pass is to be turned in to the referee headquarters immediately following the initial suspension game. If dismissed in the last game, the player/coach card will be returned to the team if there is not an assault associated with that card. In this case the player/coach card will be held and returned to the appropriate state association.
4. Any player or coach who receives an accumulation of three (3) yellow cards must sit out the next tournament game.
5. All coaches will remain within 20 yards of the center-line on their half of the field, on the side opposite of both team's spectators. Teams will be located on the same side of the field. Spectators will be on the opposite side.
6. Spectators may be ejected from the park for improper conduct, at the discretion of the tournament officials. Artificial noise makers, such as air horns, bells, etc. are not permitted.
7. If field conditions are such that there is a problem with interference by an outside agent; such as a tree overhanging the field for instance, the play will be restarted with a drop ball. Cloud Park may have some interference from trees. If the ball hits the trees and goes directly out of touch the play will resume with a throw-in.
8. Not permitted at our tournament includes: NO alcoholic beverages, NO smoking, and NO verbal abuse.
9. PETS are allowed at the CLD (Cloud Park) ONLY but MUST be on a leash and you MUST pick up after your pet, as stipulated in the City of Huber Heights Park restrictions. PLEASE NO!!! pets are allowed at the Warrior Soccer Complex nor Kyle Park. ALL sites are SMOKE FREE!
Persons ejected due to any of the above situations must leave the site immediately.
DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS: Report of Disciplinary action taken against any team will be reported to that teams provincial or:
1. For United States teams, the procedure for notifying the Federation Organization Member of that team of disciplinary action taken or required will be followed.
2. For CONCACAF teams, the tournament committee will notify the US Soccer Federation guidelines of disciplinary action taken, and that the Federation will transmit national association.
AWARDS: All u08 through u15 divisions (we may have to consolidate some divisions due to the lack of teams in an age group, i.e. u14-15 division teams may be merged and other if necessary) will receive first and second place team and individual awards will be awarded to each Division winner and runner-up after the final game at the their scheduled Finals site or as noted by the tournament.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURES: The Tournament Committee and/or Director reserve the right to delay the start of a game, reduce the length of the game, or terminate a game. All teams must abide by the tournament weather/field conditions policy. Head coaches only may come to the Tournament HQ only after the weather delay for further information.
CANCELLATIONS: If the Tournament is cancelled due to events beyond the control of the Tournament Committee, the Tournament will not be required to make any financial remuneration.
WAIVER: By entering this tournament, every participant agrees to accept the jurisdiction of the Tournament Committee or its members, the Warrior Soccer Club, its Board of Trustees and employees, the three sites including WSC - Warrior Soccer Complex; CLD - Cloud Park; KYL - Kyle Park, and (if needed) HOB - Hobson Complex and their respective employees/volunteers, the United States Soccer Federation, United States Youth Soccer Association, and United States Youth Soccer Association North in all matters of dispute. No official, coach, club, league, referee, player or their representative may invoke the aid of the Courts of any political or governmental entity without first exhausting all available remedies within the appropriate affiliated soccer organizations as set forth in these rules, the Constitution and Bylaws of the Warrior Soccer Club, the Constitution and Bylaws of the United States Soccer Federation, the Constitution and Bylaws of the United States Youth Soccer Association, and the Constitution and Bylaws of the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association. For violation of this rule, the offending party shall be subject for all expenses incurred by these associations and/or their officers, as appropriate, in defending each court action, including, but not limited to, court costs, attorney(s) fees and reasonable compensation for all time and expenses.
1. Coaches are required to bring all player/coach cards to every game. It is highly suggested that you bring medical release forms with you in case of injury.
2. If a game is temporarily suspended due to weather problems, field conditions, or other situations beyond the tournament's control, each team (coach only) involved must check with their site's tournament headquarters. Have players go their cars during a weather delay. No one will be allowed on the fields until the weather conditions are favorable to resume.
3. All teams are required to clean up their sidelines after each match. Thank you for your support with this effort.
4. All Referee decisions shall be final.
5. In case a situation that may arise and is not addressed specifically in these rules, the tournament co-director's interpretation of the foregoing rules/regulations and unforeseen circumstances shall be final.
adidas Warrior Halloween Fall Classic
Warrior Soccer Club - PO Box 24232 - Dayton OH 45424 (937) 233-7958 Carol
Content on this site is ©Copyright 1999-2015 Rivershark, Inc. except where noted. You may make printouts or transmit via email copies of the games, photos, etc. for personal use. No commercial use is authorized. The "floating ball dot-com" is a trademark of Rivershark, Inc., Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.